Google and Facebook are the top leaders in online Advertising and they are highly competitive.
When deciding to invest your money in online Advertising, which one should you choose?
Facebook Ads or Google Ads.
There are significant differences between these two Advertising platforms and it is a difficult task to consider investing in one of these platforms.
In this post, I will Explain brief details about advertising on Google and Facebook, How they work, the difference between the Two, the Types of Ad-Formats used by Them, the Cost Required For Advertising, and the Advantages of Advertising on Google and Facebook.
What is Google Advertising?
Google Advertising is also known as Google AdWords developed by Google in 2000.
Google Ads can appear both in the search results of the google search engine when a user types a particular query and also on other Google platforms Networks.
What is Facebook Advertising?
Facebook Advertising is a platform that offers a large number of advertisements and organic posts, allowing advertisers to promote their business products and services in front of a large audience.
Difference Between Google Ads and Facebook Ads :
The major difference between Google Ads and Facebook Ads is search intent. In Google Search, platform users are specifically looking for something whereas Facebook users are shown ads based upon their interests. When it comes to the Google Display network Both Google Ads and Facebook Ads work similarly.
Google’s Adwords reaches 90% of people online.
Google is where people search for specific details on, what to do, where to go, and what to buy. So, ads can appear on Google at the exact moment when someone is looking for products or services or relevant information.
Facebook is where people who aren’t particularly searching for specific products. They’re just using Facebook for social interactions and newsfeed about their networks, but they still get to see Advertisements that may be relevant or irrelevant.
Facebook is considered the largest social network to date, with over 2.2 billion users.
How do They work?
Google AdWords is a pay-per-click online advertising platform where advertisers display their ads and they are charged only when users click their ads.
Google Ads uses an auction system to determine the cost for each ad click and to rank the ads that appear on the search results page, and The order in which these ads appear on the search results page is based on a calculation we call Ad Rank. Higher the rank higher is the position of an ad on search results.
Google Advertising helps by finding relevant customers to your business, while on Facebook it helps your business by finding relevant customers. Facebook advertising does this by targeting specific audiences who are interested in your products and services.
Facebook ads appear on Facebook newsfeeds, they work by targeting users based on their location, demographics, and personal data. the advertiser is charged Whenever a Facebook ad earns an impression, click, or purchase.
Just like Google Ads, Facebook also implements an Auction system to display ads to relevant users.
Google Ad-Formats (vs) Facebook Ad-Formats:
- Search Campaign
The Google Search campaigns allow Advertisers to place their ads across Google’s vast network of search results. Relevant Ads will be shown to people actively searching online for products and services.
- Display Campaign
The Google Display campaign consists of targeted Display ads that appear on Google Partners Networks. For Example, while users browse their favorite websites, viewing a YouTube video, checking their Gmail, or using mobile devices and apps.
- Video Campaign
The Google Video campaigns work by showing ads in videos on YouTube and websites and apps running on Google Partners Networks.
- Shopping Campaign
The Google Shopping campaign benefits the advertisers who have an eCommerce website.
- Apps Campaign
The Google Apps Campaign makes it easy to promote apps of the advertisers across all Google Partners Networks.
- Video ads
- Image ads
- Carousel ads
- Collection ads
- Slideshow ads
- Lead generation ads
- Messenger Ads
- Stories Ads
- Playable Ads
Google Ads cost (vs) Facebook Ads cost:
Google Ads Cost:
- Advertisers pay when users click on an ad that appears while browsing the internet. Ads can be implemented locally, nationally, or internationally to target any audience.
- The average cost-per-click on Google Adwords is $1 to $2 for the Google Search Network and less than $1 for the Google Display Network.
- The cost of a Google Ad depends on a different number of factors, such as the maximum amount an advertiser is willing to pay per click, bidding on particular keywords, relevance, and click frequency of ads.
- Google Ads can work for almost any advertising budget depending on the advertiser’s business.
Facebook Ads Cost:
- You can run advertisements on Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook Audience Network on any given budget.
- Many factors influence the facebook Advertising costs like Audience, Ad budget, Ad bid, Ad objective, Ad placement, Ad quality, Season, Industry.
- On Facebook, you can pay as little as $0.25 per click depending on the Click-Through rate and other factors.
- On average Facebook ads costs, $0.97 per click and $7.19 per 1000 impressions.
Advantages of Google Ads (vs) Facebook Ads :
- 70 % of search traffic comes from organic search so google is the most preferred platform for businesses looking to advertise their products.
- Adwords works faster than SEO.
- No monopoly is played while bidding for ads on Google. Top ad position will be given to the ad that is relevant and has a good quality score.
- Retargeting customers to encourage them to complete their purchase journey.
- Outrank Competitors.
- Targeting specific audiences.
- Remarketing (similar to Retargeting used in Google Ads).
- Reach a wider audience, Facebook has more than 2.6 billion users worldwide.
- Increase referral traffic to your website.
- Increase Brand Awareness.
Which is better, Facebook Ads or Google Ads?
It is a Tough Decision To make when Choosing Between These Two Platforms, These Platforms have Their own uniqueness in advertising.
If your business requires Immediate Sales and Leads Google Advertising is the best solution for you. If your business requires building brand awareness and to grow an audience base Facebook Is the Right choice to make.
But it will be an effective advertising strategy if you consider using both the platforms for your business growth and higher return-on-investment.
Article on Google Ads vs Facebook Ads written by – (Gaddam Prahlad) – (Intern)