Influencer Marketing is one of the most successful on-going marketing strategies of the digital world in which Brands collaborate with Influencers to promote their products, services, or campaigns.
Who are Influencers?
Influencers are the people, brand, or organization that have large number of followers and can actively affect the lifestyle of loyal followers.
Influencers in social media build their reputation by creating engaging and interesting content using their skills, knowledge, and expertise in specific topics.
They use platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.
Effectiveness of influencer marketing
- In Conventional digital marketing, consumers feel no connection with excessive Ads getting bombarded on digital platforms.
- Companies are hiring influencers who can talk about their products or services in similar authentic manner to the content they usually create, which aligns with their followers’ interest.
- They have power to influence their followers to buy those products or services with the trust and relation developed between them.
Successful Examples of influencer marketing
a) India’s Top female YouTuber MostlySane promotes the Mivi ‘Made In India’ Electronic accessories brand.
b) Saffola Masala Oats’ running campaign showcasing its unique Chefs Choice range featuring Indian Celebrity Chef Kunal Kapur.
Influencer Marketing Process
1. Determine the campaign goal
2. Analyse and find Influencers
3. Connect and negotiate terms
4. Mutually plan the strategy
5. Campaign implementation
6. Review outcome and revise strategy
7. Maintain influencer relationship
Cost of Influencer Marketing
Factors of cost according to Buffer’s Influencer Marketing Cost Analysis
1) Social media platform
2) Number of followers
3) Engagement of people
4) Product or Industry
5) Direct partnership or through an agency
6) Influencer’s efforts
Influencer Marketing on Facebook and Twitter hasn’t got much popularity yet compared to Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat.
For this rapidly evolving influencer marketing strategy majority of marketers have accepted its effectiveness to achieve quality of customers and traffic better than other sources.
How many benefits have you gained from this strategy? Comment down your experience.
Written by – Hawa Mulla (Intern)